Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking a senior researcher with five to 10 years’ experience to join its dynamic team of professionals.
The firm is seeking exceptional candidates in research/librarianship, communications, finance, journalism or law to join our client-focused research department. We are looking for a bright, creative and industrious individual with excellent research, editing and writing skills. This executive should also have an interest in working with and training associates and interns to become effective client account representatives. Familiarity with research resources and digital tools and an understanding of financial terminology are required.
Research & Analysis
- Conduct on-demand research ranging from quick-turnaround requests to in-depth projects, typically with short deadlines, to provide targeted and accurate results;
- Help account staff identify appropriate information sources and devise search strategies;
- Train junior staff on research practices and use of research tools and databases;
- Prepare and circulate regular news updates for staff on key topic areas related to client issues and new business/marketing initiatives; and
- Work alongside Director of Research and Information Services and another Senior Researcher to transform Research function into a strategic and proactive end-to-end offering.
Assist Director of Research and Information Services in handling a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of database activity reports for accounting/billing;
- M&A league table submissions;
- Evaluation of new and existing research tools/databases to meet staff and client needs;
- Subscription management.
- A consulting/professional services mindset that is focused on serving both the firm’s clients and the firm’s professionals as clients;
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, 24/7 environment and manage competing deadlines;
- Resourcefulness in tracking down hard-to-find information;
- Collaboration with staff to drive results; and
- Development of a network of contacts, internally and externally.
- Five to 10 years’ corporate experience, preferably with communications agency research focus and training experience;
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Familiarity with Abernathy MacGregor’s practice areas;
- High level of expertise using Factiva – advanced Boolean searches, news alert setup;
- Experience with research tools such as Bloomberg, Critical Mention, FactSet, SharkRepellent, IR Insight and social media monitoring/analytics (such as NetBase, Critical Mention, Quid) highly desirable.
This position is slated to be in our New York office; however, we are open to considering candidates who could work from a different Abernathy MacGregor office location (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston or Washington, D.C.).
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to LinkedIn or send both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. (A complete application will include both documents.) We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Abernathy MacGregor
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington D.C. We specialize in advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 36-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy MacGregor is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.
Abernathy MacGregor is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome employees of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and viewpoints, including race, religion, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation. We believe this diversity contributes meaningfully to the quality of the counsel we provide and enriches the culture of our firm.