Who We Are
Trevor R. Martin specializes in long-term reputation management programs encompassing profile-raising, integration planning, executive thought leadership, rankings management, regulatory affairs, and crisis communications.
Drawing on his background in public policy and issues management, Trevor has successfully guided clients through regulatory matters, major transitions in management or strategy, transactions and initial public offerings (IPOs). He has significant experience in the technology, consumer goods, automotive and utilities industries, in particular advising non-U.S. clients as they enter or grow in the U.S. marketplace. Past and present clients include Alaska Air Group, Henkel AG, The Hershey Company, PepsiCo, PG&E and Toyota, as well as several emerging technology firms and venture partners.
Before he joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2010, Trevor led a public affairs practice at RF|Binder, then part of the Ruder Finn Group. Previously he was director of state issues management for UST Inc., and before that held senior positions at nonprofit political organizations in Chicago and Washington, DC.
Trevor has advised:
- MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. (MDA) on its pending 2017 C$4.7 billion (US$3.6 billion) acquisition of DigitalGlobe
- T.J. Rodgers, founder and former CEO of Cypress Semiconductor, as he fought in 2017 to win shareholder support to elect two nominees to the company’s Board
- The Hershey Company on its 2017 CEO transition, and previously on several transactions including its acquisition of Bark Thins, and KRAVE Jerky
- Alaska Air Group (parent of Alaska Airlines) on its 2016 $4.0 billion acquisition of Virgin America
- Henkel AG on an ongoing multi-year program to raise the company's profile in the U.S., as well as several transactions including in 2016 its $3.6 billion acquisition of Sun Products
- An established Silicon Valley venture capital firm on the creation and public listing of a business development company (BDC) component of its operations
- An online real estate marketplace on its IPO, one of the first IPOs to launch under regulations implemented by enactment of the JOBS Act
- Trinity College, B.A. Public Policy, 2001
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute, San Francisco and Silicon Valley chapters
- Society for Corporate Governance, Northern California chapter