Who We Are
Sheila Ennis joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2016 and is based in the San Francisco office. Following more than 20 years of equity capital markets experience as a sell side analyst and investment banker at technology-focused investment banks, Sheila spent three years focused on investor relations advisory assignments at ICR. She brings to her practice extensive knowledge of capital market dynamics, corporate finance, reporting metrics selection, competitive positioning and strategic communications.
She counsels clients on all aspects of media and investor relations strategy with particular focus on ever-changing disclosure expectations, regulatory compliance, litigation risk and evolving employee concerns. Sheila has broad expertise relating to transactions including M&A and IPOs as well as IPOs via mergers with SPACs. She provides sophisticated counsel in activism defense, business model transformations, major internal or external crises, management changes and other times of high stakes change. Sheila advises clients in all industries leveraging her decades of experience working with fast-moving tech companies in Silicon Valley. Recent engagements have included planning and execution of shareholder and media engagement during complex M&A, initial listings, activism defense, business model changes, litigation, capital raising, management transitions and take-private transactions.
Sheila began her two decades long capital markets career with Hambrecht & Quist, a pioneering tech-focused investment bank. During her fifteen years there and subsequently at boutique investment banks, she has advised in hundreds of IPOs and follow-on offerings and on dozens of M&A assignments as a sell-side research analyst and senior banker. Sheila received a B.A. in Law and Society from Brown University.
Sheila has advised:
- Forbes in its pending merger with special purpose acquisition corporation Magnum Opus Acquisition Corp.
- Enjoy Technology in its pending merger with special purpose acquisition corporation Marquee Raine Acquisition Corp. and ongoing investor relations including analyst day
- Nerdy (dba Varsity Tutors) in its pending merger with special purpose acquisition corporation TPG Pace Technology
- EVBox in its pending merger with special purpose acquisition corporation TPG Pace Beneficial Finance Corp.
- View in its merger with special purpose acquisition corporation CF Finance Acquisition Corp II blank-check company sponsored by Cantor Fitzgerald & Co.
- McAfee in its IPO
- Avnet in ongoing investor relations
- Shopify in periodic investor relations
- Seagate in periodic media relations
- Stratus Properties in ongoing investor and media relations
- Stratus Properties on its successful defense against a proxy contest by Oasis Management
- Romeo Power in ongoing investor and media relations
- Mozilla in periodic litigation support and media relations
- F5 in periodic investor and media relations
- Eventbrite in investor and media relations
- Sinovac Bio in litigation, capital raising, and ongoing investor and media relations
- Flex in ongoing internal communications, investor and media relations
- NXP Semiconductors on the termination of its planned acquisition by Qualcomm
- Blackhawk Holdings on shareholder engagement during a period of major technology transformation, activism defense and its subsequent take-private transaction
- Celadon in its employee and investor relations during a period of debt restructuring
- Opus Bank in investor relations, management transition and litigation matters,
- J. Rodgers’ successful proxy fight to replace conflicted board members of the company he founded, Cypress Semiconductor
- Brown University, B.A., Law and Society
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute – San Francisco and Silicon Valley Chapters
- Member, NIRI Senior Roundtable
- Board of Directors, VP Board Affairs and Sponsorship, Silicon Valley Chapter
- Silicon Valley Directors Exchange
- Brown University Women’s Leadership Council, mentor