Who We Are
Sheila Ennis joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2016 and is based in the San Francisco office. Following more than 20 years of equity capital markets experience at technology-focused investment banks, Sheila spent three years focused on investor relations advisory assignments at ICR. She brings to her practice extensive knowledge of corporate finance, reporting metrics selection, competitive positioning and strategic communications.
She counsels clients on all aspects of media and investor relations strategy with particular focus on ever changing disclosure requirements and other regulatory concerns, litigation risk and evolving employee concerns. Sheila has broad expertise relating to transactions, activist situations, management changes, business model transformations, major internal or external crises and other times of change. Sheila advises clients in all industries leveraging her decades of experience working with fast-moving tech companies in the Silicon Valley. Recent engagements have included planning and execution of shareholder and media engagement during complex M&A, activism defense, business model changes, litigation, capital raising, management transitions and take-private transactions.
Sheila began her two decades long capital markets career with Hambrecht & Quist, a pioneering tech-focused investment bank. During her fifteen years there and subsequently at boutique investment banks, she has participated in hundreds of IPOs and follow-on offerings and advised on dozens of M&A assignments both as the sell-side research analyst and as a senior banker. Sheila received a B.A. in Law and Society from Brown University.
Sheila has advised:
- A prominent technology company in media relations associated with a significant business model change, management transition and complex litigation matters
- A newly public, consumer-oriented software company navigating post-merger integration challenges, including litigation and vocal former employees
- Sinovac Biotech, a NASDAQ-listed Chinese biopharmaceutical company in activism defense, capital raising and litigation-related communications.
- A leading multi-national contract manufacturing company on employee, investor and media relations associated with its deployment of its business continuity plans during a crisis
- NXP Semiconductors on the termination of its planned acquisition by Qualcomm
- Blackhawk Holdings on shareholder engagement during a period of major technology transformation, activism defense and its subsequent take-private transaction
- A transportation company in its employee and investor relations during a period of debt restructuring
- A leading West coast regional bank on investor relations, management transition and litigation matters, after discovering a material weakness in accounting and credit risk management
- T.J. Rodgers’ successful proxy fight to replace conflicted board members of the company he founded, Cypress Semiconductor
- A leading tech-enabled marketplace lending asset manager on brand relaunch post crisis
- Brown University, B.A., Law and Society
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute – San Francisco and Silicon Valley Chapters
- Member, NIRI Senior Roundtable
- Board of Directors, VP Board Affairs and Sponsorship, Silicon Valley Chapter
- Silicon Valley Directors Exchange
- Brown University Women’s Leadership Council, mentor