Who We Are
Sheila Ennis joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2016 and co-heads the San Francisco office. Following more than 20 years of equity capital markets experience at technology-focused investment banks, Sheila spent three years focused on investor relations advisory assignments at ICR. She brings to Abernathy MacGregor extensive knowledge of corporate finance, reporting metrics selection, competitive positioning, fund targeting and strategic communications. She counsels clients on all aspects of investor relations strategy, with broad expertise relating to transactions, activist situations, management changes, business model transformations, crises and other times of change.
Sheila advises clients in all industries, with particular focus on technology given her deep experience in the sector. Recent engagements have included complex investor relations initiatives, several management transitions, cross-border M&A, activism defense and take-private transactions.
Sheila began her two decades long capital markets career with Hambrecht & Quist, a pioneering tech-focused investment bank. During her fifteen years there and subsequently at boutique investment banks, she has participated in hundreds of IPOs and follow-on offerings and advised on dozens of M&A assignments both as the sell-side research analyst and as a senior banker. Sheila received a B.A. in Law and Society from Brown University.
Sheila has advised:
- A Canada-based space technologies company on its $3.4 billion acquisition of U.S.-based imaging company
- A leading West coast regional bank on investor relations and litigation matters
- T.J. Rodgers’ successful proxy fight to replace conflicted board members of the company he founded, Cypress Semiconductor
- Blackhawk Network Holdings on investor relations matters and activism defense
- A leading marketplace lending asset manager on profile raising and media relations matters
- TriplePoint Venture Growth on its investor relations program
- A leading global conglomerate on assessing investor perceptions
- Brown University, B.A., Law and Society
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute – San Francisco and Silicon Valley Chapters
- Brown University Women’s Leadership Council