Who We Are
Sheila Ennis joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2016 and is based in the San Francisco office. Following more than 20 years of equity capital markets experience at technology-focused investment banks, Sheila spent three years focused on investor relations advisory assignments at ICR. She brings to Abernathy MacGregor extensive knowledge of corporate finance, reporting metrics selection, competitive positioning, fund targeting and strategic communications.
She counsels clients on all aspects of investor relations strategy, with broad expertise relating to transactions, activist situations, management changes, business model transformations, crises and other times of change. Sheila advises clients in all industries, with particular strength in technology given her deep experience in the sector. Recent engagements have included complex investor relations initiatives, several management transitions, cross-border M&A, activism defense and take-private transactions.
Sheila began her two decades long capital markets career with Hambrecht & Quist, a pioneering tech-focused investment bank. During her fifteen years there and subsequently at boutique investment banks, she has participated in hundreds of IPOs and follow-on offerings and advised on dozens of M&A assignments both as the sell-side research analyst and as a senior banker. Sheila received a B.A. in Law and Society from Brown University.
Sheila has advised:
- A medical technology company in a cross-border acquisition into an adjacent business line
- Sinovac Biotech, a NASDAQ-listed Chinese biopharmaceutical company in activism defense, capital raising and litigation-related communications.
- Blackhawk Network Holdings on investor relations matters, activism defense and subsequent sale to Silver Lake Partners
- A leading communications software company on investor relations matters during a period of investment to transition into adjacent market
- A leading global semiconductor company in its employee and investor relations at the termination of a merger agreement
- A leading semiconductor capital equipment company in various media and investor relations matters
- A leading specialty chemical company in its activism defense and other investor relations matters
- A transportation company in its employee and investor relations during a period of debt restructuring
- A transportation company in its employee and investor relations communications during its acquisition of a competitor
- A regional real estate development company on investor relations matters
- A multinational bank in employee and media relations matters
- A Canada-based space technologies company on its acquisition of U.S.-based imaging company
- A leading West coast regional bank on investor relations and litigation matters
- J. Rodgers’ successful proxy fight to replace conflicted board members of the company he founded, Cypress Semiconductor
- A leading tech-enabled marketplace lending asset manager on profile raising and media relations matters
- A leading global industrials conglomerate on assessing investor perceptions in the United States
- Brown University, B.A., Law and Society
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute – San Francisco and Silicon Valley Chapters
- Brown University Women’s Leadership Council