Who We Are
Shawn Prince provides corporate reputation management, strategic profile raising, investor relations, crisis management and transaction and shareholder activism communications services to clients in a variety of industries. His experience includes helping corporate and other organizations communicate with important constituencies in connection with C-suite changes, regulatory issues and investigations, data breaches, and a wide array of complex M&A transactions and corporate control contests.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Shawn worked at The Foote Group, a China-based corporate communications firm, where he worked with some of China’s most prominent technology companies. He relocated to New York after three years in China, during which he also worked for Google in Shanghai and at Sun Yat-Sen University. Shawn holds a B.S. in Management and Business from Skidmore College and speaks Mandarin Chinese.
- Sinovac Biotech, a NASDAQ-listed Chinese biopharmaceutical company, on activism defense, capital raising and litigation-related communications
- Regal Entertainment Group on its sale to UK-based Cineworld Group PLC
- Spectra Energy on its $28 billion merger with Enbridge
- Aqua America on its $4.275 billion acquisition of Peoples Natural Gas
- Nexeo on its acquisition by Univar
- HC2 Holdings on numerous transactions, including several acquisitions by its portfolio companies DBM Global, American Natural Gas and Global Marine Group
- J. Rodgers, founder of Cypress Semiconductors, on his successful campaign to replace conflicted directors on the board of that company
- CACI International on its unsolicited acquisition proposal to CSRA
- SJW Group on its acquisition of Connecticut Water Service and defense against an unsolicited proposal from California Water Service Group
- WCI Communities on its $643 million merger with Lennar Corporation
- Aspen Insurance on its ongoing corporate positioning and profile raising
- T-Mobile on its pending combination with Sprint
- Skidmore College, B.S. Management and Business