Who We Are
Shawn Pattison counsels clients in the areas of media relations, crisis communications and reputation management. His clients include private companies, philanthropic organizations and high-profile individuals.
In addition, Shawn heads Abernathy MacGregor’s hedge fund practice. He specializes in building and protecting the reputations of firms and their managers through investor, media and public engagement.
Shawn began his career in the hedge fund industry at Soros Fund Management where he was one of the first internal public relations specialists at a hedge fund group. At SFM, Shawn served as the press secretary for its Chairman, Mr. George Soros, and directed the communications for the then $22 billion fund group and its Chief Investment Officer, Mr. Stanley Druckenmiller.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Shawn had managed the communications activities of The Robin Hood Foundation, a not-for-profit group dedicated to fighting poverty in New York City.
- Georgetown University, M.S. Foreign Service, 1991
- University of Southern California, B.A. International Relations, 1988 (magna cum laude)
News, Publications and Achievements
- The Hedge Fund Journal, PR Firm of the Year, 2008
- HFM Week US, PR Firm of the Year, 2009
- HFM Week US, PR Firm of the Year, 2010
- HFM Week US, PR Firm of the Year, 2012