Who We Are
Pat Tucker primarily advises managements and boards on strategic communications related to transactions, shareholder activism, litigation, executive transition and crisis management, among other issues.
Pat has worked on some of the most notable transactions in recent years including cross- border hostile transactions with litigation in multiple geographies, mergers challenged by antitrust authorities in several countries and the largest-ever acquisition of a U.S. company by a Chinese-based company, including related Congressional hearings. He has also advised on communications strategies relating to a broad range of activist shareholders including engagements with Icahn, Third Point, JANA, Elliott, Starboard, Value Act and many other established or first-time funds.
He also has experience managing communications on strategic issues for organizations including Advent International, Chubb, Comcast, GCM Grosvenor, Johnson & Johnson, Marsh, Repsol, Royalty Pharma, Starwood Capital Group, Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG) and TPG.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Patrick was with RF|Binder Partners as a member of the agency’s media relations group.
- Mylan's successful defense against Teva
- JAB Holding's acquisition of Krispy Kreme
- Repsol’s acquisition of Talisman
- Office Depot's merger with OfficeMax and proxy contest with Starboard
- WH Group's acquisition of Smithfield Foods
- CVR Energy in its engagement with Carl Icahn
- Trinity College, B.A. English Literature