Who We Are
Patrick Clifford is an Executive Vice President at Abernathy MacGregor.
For over a decade, Patrick has developed and executed communications strategies for private firms and public companies. He has particular expertise providing strategic counsel to leading global hedge funds, private equity firms, institutional investors and financial services companies.
Throughout his career he has advised companies and executives during a variety of special situations and periods of growth or transition, including management changes, mergers and acquisitions, portfolio company issues, and complex litigation and regulatory matters.
He holds a B.A. in Economics and Accounting from the College of the Holy Cross.
Patrick has advised:
- A private equity firm on its $7.5 billion acquisition of a healthcare solutions provider.
- A private equity firm on its $3.5 billion acquisition of a call center software company.
- A credit investment firm on its acquisition of an investment bank’s $1.27 billion distressed credit portfolio.
- A new hedge fund firm on its $1 billion+ launch.
- A credit investment firm on its origination of a $400m loan to an oil and gas developer.
- An alternative asset manager in the sale of a minority stake in its management company.
- A $500 billion+ diversified financial services company on its $6.25 billion acquisition of a multi-boutique fund platform.
- A hedge fund platform in its growth from $1 billion in assets under management to >$15 billion.
- A limited partner investor group in a complex litigation dispute with a fund manager.
- A fund manager on its conversion to a family office.
- A hedge fund firm facing allegations from multiple regulatory agencies, including the SEC and SFC.
- An activist fund manager pursuing management changes at a Fortune 200 bank.
- A mortgage REIT through its formation, initial public offering and ongoing investor relations activities.
- A cruise line operator in a $3 billion merger.
- A senior investment executive on communications regarding a criminal matter.
- A fund of hedge funds in matters related to the dismissal of its CEO.
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A. Economics and Accounting, 2007