Who We Are
Nazan Riahei advises companies across a broad range of industries on a variety of critical communications situations, including high-stakes corporate crises, complex litigations, executive transitions, activism and significant transactions. Nazan also helps clients develop and execute on corporate positioning plans, as well as provides ongoing media and investor relations support.
In particular, Nazan has advised clients on proxy fights and contested transactions, domestic and international. She has managed complex litigations, including several IP-related disputes in technology and pharmaceuticals, respectively. Nazan has extensive issues management experience, including handling cyber security breaches, executive misconduct claims, and excessive pricing allegations, amongst others. Nazan has also worked on number of M&A transactions, large and small, as well as restructurings.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Nazan was a vice president at Sard Verbinnen in Los Angeles, supporting M&A, crisis and litigation clients. Before that, she advised on strategic communications at Brunswick Group in New York. Nazan started her career as a corporate attorney at Latham & Watkins in New York, where she practiced law for five years.
Nazan has advised:
- SJW Group’s proposed acquisition of Connecticut Water Services and defense against Cal Water hostile tender offer
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.S., University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, Finance and Marketing
Memberships and Affiliations
- Nazan is an active member of the New York Bar
News, Publications and Achievements
- Panelist, National Association of Women Lawyer’s 13th General Counsel Institute, “Using Media to Litigate”