Who We Are
Nazan Riahei helps lead the firm’s litigation practice and has advised clients across industries and complex legal situations including IP litigation, class action lawsuits, workplace-related actions, antitrust allegations and breach of contract claims. In addition to managing complex litigation assignments, Nazan has extensive experience advising clients on significant transactions, management transitions, shareholder activism and high-stakes crises situations, such as cybersecurity breaches, executive misconduct claims, and special situations with serious legal or public policy implications. Nazan also supports clients with general reputation management and media relations.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Nazan was at Brunswick Group in New York and Sard Verbinnen in Los Angeles, respectively, supporting M&A, crisis and litigation clients. Nazan started her career as a corporate attorney at Latham & Watkins in New York, where she practiced law for five years. Nazan graduated from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia, and she has a Juris Doctorate from New York University School of Law.
- SJW Group’s proposed acquisition of Connecticut Water Services and defense against Cal Water hostile tender offer
- Edison International’s statewide campaign to reform the way California addresses wildfire prevention, suppression and liabilities in the face of climate change
- RentPath’s acquisition by Redfin, following the litigated termination of a transaction with CoStar Group
- Medline’s acquisition by a group of private equity firms
- A tech company’s multi-year IP litigation spanning the PTAB, ITC and multiple district courts
- A state agency facing public scrutiny and legal claims for its transition to an online testing platform during COVID-19
- A prominent tech company investigating broad sexual harassment allegations, and the resultant executive transition
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.S., University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, Finance and Marketing
Memberships and Affiliations
- Nazan is an active member of the New York Bar
News, Publications and Achievements
- Speaker, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law Virtual Institute, "PR for High-Stakes Litigation"
- "COVID in the Courtroom: Litigation Communications during the Pandemic"
- Panelist, National Association of Women Lawyer’s 13th General Counsel Institute, “Using Media to Litigate”