Who We Are
Mike Pascale provides strategic communications advice to senior corporate management and boards of directors for complex and special situations in the areas of merger and acquisition transactions, crises, shareholder activism, proxy contests, corporate and financial public relations and investor relations. He leads the firm’s financial institutions practice and is co-head of its crisis practice. Mike is highly experienced in assessing and understanding a company and its business for proper positioning with the investment community, opinion leaders and the national financial and local media. His clients include a wide range of financial institutions, healthcare, industrial and manufacturing companies as well as not-for-profit organizations and educational institutions.
Mike has advised on some of the largest merger and acquisitions transactions in the banking industry. He has counseled clients of all sizes in multiple high-profile, complex crisis situations, which include regulatory actions, criminal charges, fraud, product liability, and class action litigation.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, he was director of public and investor relations at The Bank of New York and director of investor relations at Irving Bank.
Mike has advised:
- A leading manufacturer of oilfield equipment on its involvement in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill
- A top-ten bank on its merger of equals and concurrent defense of an unsolicited takeover offer
- A consortium of manufacturers of a drug that negatively affected 10,000 patients in its class action litigation defense
- A European industrial equipment manufacturer in its defense against a shareholder activist seeking multiple board seats and the manufacturer’s acquisition by a strategic buyer
- A prominent investment advisor and large shareholder in a bio-pharma company seeking to replace the company’s entire board of directors
- A top-twenty bank with investigations by the Federal Reserve, SEC, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Department of Justice into accounting improprieties and misleading financial statements
- New York University, MBA Corporate Finance
- Fordham University, B.S. Economics
News, Publications and Achievements
- O’Dwyer’s: “Communicating With Investors When Disaster Strikes” (co-author)