Who We Are
Kris Cole provides strategic communications counsel to clients in industries ranging from financial services to energy and from consumer products to commodities. She regularly advises on reputation management, building and rebuilding, including counseling on strategy, messaging, executive positioning, investor relations and media relations. She has particular expertise in digital and social media for both companies and key executives.
In addition, Kris has extensive experience advising on proxy contests and shareholder activism, mergers and acquisitions, crisis preparation and response, strategic corporate positioning, and thought leadership.
Her clients include, among others, Pacific Gas & Electric, Neo Performance Materials, City National Bank, Praesidian Capital, Lam Research and Dex Media.
Kris joined the firm in 2012. She previously worked for Warner Bros. in financial analysis and financial planning.
Kris has advised:
- Pacific Gas & Electric through a series of reputational matters, including criminal litigation, regulatory relations, employee engagement and media relations. She helped the company announce its plans to end its nuclear power program and end nuclear power in California
- A consumer products brand through a series of FDA warnings and traditional and social media campaigns against the product
- Molycorp – now Neo Performance Materials – through its Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Guidance Software regarding shareholder activist Shawn McCreight, the company’s founder
- Alaska Air Group (parent of Alaska Airlines) on its $4.0 billion acquisition of Virgin America
- Precision Castparts in its sale to Berkshire Hathaway
- Alphatec Spine as it announced a strategic reorganization of the business, selling off its international operations
- Emory University, B.A. Economics and Linguistics