Who We Are
Kensey provides strategic communications counsel, investor relations support and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) expertise to help clients achieve their goals. Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Kensey ran her own consulting firm, where she completed mandates for private and public companies, as well as projects for Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Justin Muzinich at Muzinich & Co. and for Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s longest-running spokesman Stu Loeser.
Prior to that, Kensey was a Senior Vice President at Teneo. Joining the firm as one of its earliest employees, she helped build Teneo’s financial communications and investor relations practice. At Teneo, Kensey also began her ESG work, advising clients on sustainability strategies and communications, conducting investor surveys on sustainability, and working with prominent institutional investors and corporate board directors to launch The Shareholder-Director Exchange, a corporate governance initiative.
Kensey was an Associate at Goldman Sachs prior to Teneo. She spent six years at Goldman working with high net worth individuals and serving as Chief of Staff to the Global Head of Private Wealth Management. Kensey graduated from Furman University. She completed additional coursework at Oxford University in England, as well as accounting and finance programs through Harvard Business School’s online program. She is a candidate for SASB’s FSA.
Kensey has advised:
- Truist (formerly SunTrust/BB&T) on building the combined company’s new sustainability strategy and practice, as well as developing its first CSR report
- Marathon Oil on its sustainability strategy and ESG report
- Loews Corporation on its first ESG report disclosed under SASB standards
- CEMEX on its climate change position paper
- Henkel on its sustainability communications planning
- ABInBev on the leadership transition at Anheuser-Busch
- Coach (now Tapestry) on its acquisition of Kate Spade
- The Carlyle Group on its acquisition of Claritas from Nielsen
- The Medicines Company on the sale of its infectious disease business to Melinta Therapeutics
- NN, Inc. on the sale of its Precision Bearing Components Group (PBC) to Japan-based Tsubaki Nakashima Co.
- Oxford University
- Furman University, B.A. English Literature
News, Publications and Achievements
- Corporate Board Member: Employee Advocacy on Environmental and Social Issues: Are Your Board and Management Team Prepared?
- Thought piece for Abernathy MacGregor: Buybacks: Communications Considerations in the Current Environment
- IR Magazine: Cash Tsunami Communications