Who We Are
Kate Murray advises companies on financial, public and investor relations, with a particular emphasis on ongoing corporate communications, as well as special situations such as transactions and initial public offerings. Her specialties include media relations, corporate reputation and executive visibility, executive transitions and stakeholder communications. Kate has managed strategic communications on a variety issues for organizations across industries such as Altria, Hershey, NN Inc., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Philadelphia Energy Solutions, Sanofi, Shopify and Schnitzer Steel. In addition, she counsels many top private equity firms and their portfolio companies, including Madison Dearborn Partners.
In addition to her client work, Kate leads Abernathy MacGregor’s talent strategy initiatives, which encompasses talent attraction, development and retention. In particular, she is responsible for managing staff development and training firm-wide, and for identifying, assessing and recruiting senior level talent to Abernathy MacGregor.
Beginning her career at Abernathy MacGregor, Kate subsequently served as Communications Director and Deputy Chief of Staff for the New Orleans City Council President post-Hurricane Katrina, and has experience managing profile raising and public relations campaigns for prominent foundations and non-profits.
Kate has advised:
- Madison Dearborn Partners on all of its transactions and ongoing public relations since 2014, including transactions involving Ikaria, Sage Products, Walgreens Infusion Services (now Option Care) and Patterson Medical
- Sanofi on its acquisitions of Bioverativ and Ablynx
- Sirona Dental on its merger with DENTSPLY International and managed subsequent integration communications efforts for the combined company
- MWH Global on its sale to Stantec
- Cotiviti Holdings on its initial public offering and ongoing corporate communications and investor relations
- Shopify on its initial public offering and ongoing investor relations efforts
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics on its ongoing corporate positioning and profile raising
- A major global hospitality company on external and internal communications
- Led shareholder activism defense workshops for a number of global, publicly traded companies
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, B.A. Political Science