Who We Are
John Peter (J.P.) Kaytrosh supports clients by creating and executing effective strategies to drive results by communicating complex information. Over the course of his career, J.P. has supported clients across various sectors, including industrials, natural resources, e-commerce, retail, regional government and healthcare. His areas of expertise include investor relations, M&A, crisis support and bankruptcy.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, J.P. worked at Brunswick Group in New York City. He supported clients facing significant opportunities and risks as they navigated investor relations issues, leadership transitions and profile-raising opportunities. J.P. developed particular expertise in the transportation sector, which he brought to client engagements including financial transactions and major regulatory concerns. In his transaction work, J.P. has supported mergers and acquisitions totaling approximately $80 billion in value.
- Nexeo on its acquisition by Univar
- Brookstone through its Chapter 11 bankruptcy and sale process
- Heritage Home Group during its Chapter 11 bankruptcy including the sales of its consumer brands
- NCI Building Systems in its $2.6 billion merger with Ply Gem
- Several companies facing threatened attacks by activist shareholders
- Opera Software in its $115 million IPO
- Multiple southern California cities managing high-profile personnel issues
- Caliber Collision and ABRA Auto Body Repair of America in their merger
- Parker Drilling in its prearranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy process
- Tufts University; B.A. Political Science and Judaic Studies (cum laude)
- University of Southern California, MBA and Master of Planning degrees, expected 2019
- Modern Hebrew