Who We Are
Since joining Abernathy MacGregor at the height of the 2008 financial crisis, Joe Hixson has advised companies across sectors including health care, biotech and pharma, media and entertainment, banking and finance, engineering and construction, energy and oil services, restaurants and hospitality, CPGs, hardware, software and online services.
Joe has advised on more than two dozen M&A transactions valued at more than $100 billion. He has advised clients in a wide range of crisis situations, including: data breaches, regulatory scrutiny, customer complaints, physical disasters, employee issues and widespread negative publicity. He has provided communications support to law firms and their clients in the midst of intellectual property litigation, regulatory investigations and high-profile settlements.
In addition to serving as a spokesman for high-profile national media issues, Joe has coached client spokespeople and executives on public speaking and interview techniques. Joe’s investor relations analytical expertise includes valuation analysis, guidance and forecasting, investor presentation drafting and scripting, and shareholder targeting.
- Precision Castparts in its $37.2 billion sale to Berkshire Hathaway
- Lam Research and KLA-Tencor on their $10.6 billion combination
- Anthem Inc. on its proposed $54.2 billion acquisition of Cigna Corp.
- City National in its $5.4 billion sale to RBC
- AECOM in its $6 billion acquisition of URS
- Baker Hughes in its proposed $34.6 billion sale to Halliburton
- Pomona College, B.A. Politics, 2008
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute, Los Angeles Chapter
- Turnaround Management Organization, Los Angeles Chapter