Who We Are
A ten-year veteran of the Abernathy MacGregor’s Los Angeles office, Joe Hixson advises clients on communications for transformative events including high-stakes litigation, transformative mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activist issues, and corporate crises.
Joe’s M&A experience includes dozens of engagements with an aggregate value well over $100-billion, as well as numerous contested, hostile and shareholder activist situations. In addition to training and coaching executives on media and shareholder interaction, Joe routinely serves as a spokesman for national media issues including data breaches, product recalls, physical disasters, labor issues, regulatory allegations, and business disputes.
An expert in litigation communications and a leader in AMG’s litigation practice, Joe has advised companies and individuals on communications for a wide range of matters including contractual disagreements, intellectual property issues, class-action lawsuits, white-collar crimes, securities litigation, employment suits and commercial litigation. Joe’s government investigations and regulatory experience includes cases involving the SEC, FDIC, FTC, DOJ, OCC, and dozens of attorneys general.
- Precision Castparts in its $37.2 billion sale to Berkshire Hathaway
- Lam Research and KLA-Tencor on their $10.6 billion combination
- Anthem Inc. on its proposed $54.2 billion acquisition of Cigna Corp.
- City National in its $5.4 billion sale to RBC
- AECOM in its $6 billion acquisition of URS
- Baker Hughes in its proposed $34.6 billion sale to Halliburton
Litigation clients include:
- Multiple creators and producers of “The Walking Dead” franchise in a contractual dispute with AMC
- SteelHouse in an intentional interference suit against Criteo SA
- Nanosys, Inc. in IP litigation with QD Vision
- Codexis, Inc. in a case regarding misappropriation of trade secrets
- Pomona College, B.A. Politics, 2008
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute, Los Angeles Chapter
- Turnaround Management Organization, Los Angeles Chapter