Who We Are
Jeremy Jacobs advises companies on financial, public and investor relations, with a special focus on high-stakes situations such as mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism and corporate crises. Jeremy’s extensive transaction experience includes helping companies across many industries and borders develop and implement communications plans for both friendly and hostile M&A, including Alaska Airlines, Anthem, CenturyLink, CommScope, Dalian Wanda Group, Fisher Scientific, Lam Research, Spectra Energy, Taubman Centers, Tyson Foods and WCI Communities. He has advised many companies and investors involved in proxy contests and shareholder activism, including Luby’s, GenCorp, KT&G, Inter-Tel, Six Flags, Walter Hewlett, and the founding shareholders of GOME Electrical Appliances. Jeremy also helps clients plan and implement ongoing communications strategies.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor in 2015, Jeremy was a senior vice president at FleishmanHillard, supporting M&A, corporate governance and financial communications for that firm’s worldwide network across a wide range of clients and industries. He previously spent 10 years at Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher, most recently as a managing director. Before beginning his career in financial communications, Jeremy taught English literature and writing at the University of Pittsburgh.
Jeremy has advised:
- Spectra Energy on its $28 billion merger with Enbridge
- Alaska Air Group (parent of Alaska Airlines) on its $4.0 billion acquisition of Virgin America
- Affymetrix on its $1.3 billion acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific and evaluation of an unsolicited proposal from Origin Technologies
- Lam Research and KLA-Tencor on their $10.6 billion combination
- Anthem Inc. on its $54.2 billion acquisition of Cigna Corp.
- A technology company in response to the submission of director candidates by multiple activist shareholders
- Asheville Savings Bank regarding shareholder activist Lawrence Seidman
- University of Pittsburgh, M.A. English Literature, 1995
- Duke University, B.A. English Literature, 1992
Memberships and Affiliations
- Public Relations Society of America, New York chapter
News, Publications and Achievements
- Bulldog Reporter: “Jeremy Jacobs Joins The Abernathy MacGregor Group as a Managing Director”
- Bank Board Letter: “Bank Investor Relations in the Age of Activism”
- Altman Group Corporate Governance Series: “Navigating the Changes in Corporate Governance and Shareholder Activism”
- International Mergers & Acquisitions Review: “Communications challenges in the current M&A environment”
- International Financial Law Review M&A Yearbook: “PR vital in cross-border deals”