Who We Are
James Bourne assists clients in developing and implementing communications strategies that resonate with the audiences that matter. His work supports clients with mergers & acquisitions, crisis communications, corporate reputation and rankings management.
James has helped clients ranging from giant, multinational corporations to small not-for-profits communicate effectively with customers, employees, investors and the media. In this capacity, he has helped companies tell their stories, engage their audiences and check their critics. He has helped companies prepare for and respond to crises, change public perceptions and connect with key stakeholders. In his transaction work, James has supported a number of mergers and acquisitions with a total value at more than $100 billion.
James has advised:
- Edison International in a statewide campaign to reform the way California addresses wildfire prevention, suppression, and liabilities in the face of climate change
- Toyota on rankings management and stakeholder engagement
- QEP Resources in its discussions and settlement with activist shareholder Elliott Management
- Alaska Airlines on its $4.0 billion acquisition of Virgin America
- Bechtel as it navigates complex challenges associated with the largest nuclear clean-up site in the United States
- City National Bank in its sale to Royal Bank of Canada for $5.4 billion
- Iron Mountain in its acquisition of Recall Holdings for $2.4 billion
- AECOM on its $5.8 billion acquisition of URS
- The City of Detroit in its historic Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing
Colgate University, B.A. International Relations, Writing and Rhetoric, 2013