Who We Are
Eric Bonach provides strategic communications counsel to companies involved in transformative and special situations, including shareholder activism defense and proxy contests, mergers and acquisitions, unsolicited takeovers and corporate crises. He also specializes in financial communications and reputation management, working closely with companies to develop and enhance their public and investor relations programs. Eric has managed communications challenges across many industries for organizations including Bloomberg, Countrywide, Express Scripts, Herbalife, Merck, MTS (Russia’s largest telco), PotashCorp, Procter & Gamble, Target and TGI Fridays.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor in 2018, Eric was the Global Head of Communications for a publicly traded technology company in Los Angeles for which he managed all external and internal communications. Before that Eric was the Corporate / Financial Communications lead for Burson-Marsteller’s L.A. office. Eric began his career in financial communications at Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher where he spent 8 years, most recently as a Director in the firm’s New York office.
- U. S. Steel in its transformative investment in Big River Steel
- Coty in its exploration of strategic alternatives for its professional beauty business
- TPG in its acquisition of Accel Entertainment
- T-Mobile on its pending merger with Sprint
- BIG3 Basketball in its proposal to acquire 21 FOX regional sports networks from Walt Disney
- SJW Group in its acquisition of Connecticut Water Services and defense against Cal Water hostile tender offer
- Two Roads Hospitality in its acquisition by Hyatt Hotels
- Cruise Automation in naming former General Motors President as CEO
- Butterfield Bank in its acquisition of ABN AMRO Channel Islands
- ResMed in its acquisition of HB Healthcare
- A prominent tech company facing broad sexual harassment allegations and the resultant executive transition
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.S. in Political Science