Who We Are
Eileen Cohen is a Senior Counselor at Abernathy MacGregor focusing on corporate governance issues on behalf of the firm’s clients. She recently retired as Managing Director for JP Morgan Asset Management, a position she held since 2001. At JP Morgan she was Chair of the North America Governance Committee and leading the firm’s corporate engagement activities. Eileen was also a Senior Client Portfolio Manager and a proven expert in investment consulting, portfolio management and financial communications. Prior to her position at JP Morgan, Ms. Cohen was a partner at Invesco, formerly Chancellor Capital where she held various roles including Portfolio Manager, Head of Asset Allocation and Head of Client Services. In her earlier professional career, she was a partner at Buck Consulting, an actuarial and investment consulting firm and held manufacturing and finance positions at International Paper Co.
Additionally, Ms. Cohen serves as a mentor in the Executive On Campus program at Baruch College, where she received the Alumni Allegiance Award. She is Chairman of the board of The National Grid Foundation, and was a past member of the advisory council of SASB (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board). She also served as a member of the EEI ESG/Sustainability Investor Group. Ms. Cohen is currently a Senior Fellow of the ESG Center of the Conference Board.
Ms. Cohen has authored numerous articles on investing and is a sought-after speaker on Environmental, Social and Governance issues. She has also been an Adjunct Professor of corporate governance for undergraduate students at Baruch College in addition to being a guest lecturer and course leader at the graduate level. She was selected for inclusion in the 2017 NACD Directorship 100.
- FINRA licensed Series 7, 63
- Baruch College, MBA, Economics/Finance
- Queens College CUNY, B.A., Economics
Memberships and Affiliations
- The National Grid Foundation, Chairman of the Board
- The Conference Board Governance Center, Senior Fellow
- Baruch College, Adjunct Professor of corporate governance and mentor in the Executive on Campus program
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, former member of advisory council
- EEI ESG/Sustainability Investor Group, member
News, Publications and Achievements
- 2017 NACD Directorship 100
- Baruch College, Alumni Allegiance Award