Who We Are
Dana Gorman advises public and private companies across industries on corporate reputation management, strategic profile raising, transaction communications and crisis preparation and management. His work for clients also includes message development, media relations, investor communications, executive transitions and media and presentation training.
Dana works with companies to manage through complex situations in order to achieve overall business objectives. This involves the design and implementation of sophisticated and targeted corporate communications and investor relations plans. He also has substantial experience communicating with a wide range of important constituencies, including employees, shareholders, customers, government officials and the media.
He has assisted with the communications efforts surrounding initial public offerings, including creating an investor relations infrastructure, coordinating listing day activities and providing investor relations and public relations support in the after-market.
Dana joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2006.
Dana has advised:
- Advent International on its North America, Latin America and India transactions since 2011, and on the completion of fundraising for its most recent global and Latin American funds, including Advent International GPE VIII Limited Partnership
- The City of Detroit on its chapter 9 filing and emergence
- Coty on its initial public offering, ongoing corporate communications strategy and merger with Procter & Gamble’s fine fragrance, color cosmetics and hair color businesses
- Ensco on ongoing corporate matters, including its acquisitions of Atwood Oceanics and Pride International
- Evercore on corporate-level reputation work, strategic transactions and day-to-day profile raising and media relations
- New Breed Logistics on its sale to XPO Logistics
- New Mountain Capital on its transactions and on the completion of fundraising for its most recent funds, including New Mountain Partners V Limited Partnership
- Sagard Capital in its acquisition, along with Fairfax Financial, of substantially all of the assets of Performance Sports Group out of Chapter 11
- Sanofi on its acquisition of Genzyme
- Stock Building Supply on its merger with Building Materials Corporation
- WisdomTree on ongoing strategic communications and investor relations matters, including its acquisition of ETF Securities’ European exchange-traded commodity, currency and short-and-leveraged business
- University of Richmond, B.A. Journalism and Spanish, 2005