Who We Are
Dana Gorman advises public and private companies across industries on corporate reputation management, transaction communications, strategic profile raising and crisis preparation and management. His work for clients also includes message development, media relations, investor communications, executive transitions and media and presentation training.
Dana works with companies to manage through complex situations in order to achieve overall business objectives. This involves the design and implementation of sophisticated and targeted corporate communications and investor relations plans related to both acute, high-consequence events and long-term business goals. He also has substantial experience communicating with a wide range of important constituencies, including employees, shareholders, customers, government officials and the media.
Dana joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2006.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ensco on its acquisitions of Rowan, Atwood Oceanics and Pride International
- Caliber Collision Centers on its acquisition of Abra Auto Body and Glass
- WisdomTree on its acquisition of ETF Securities’ European exchange-traded commodity, currency and short-and-leveraged business
- Coty on its merger with Procter & Gamble’s fine fragrance, color cosmetics and hair color businesses
- Quality Distribution on its sale to Apax Partners
- Siris Capital on its transactions and on the competition of fundraising for its most recent fund
- New Mountain Capital on its transactions and on the completion of fundraising for its most recent funds
- Advent International on its North America, Latin America and India transactions, and on the completion of global and Latin American funds
Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Parker Drilling on its Chapter 11 filing
- Heritage Home Group on its Chapter 11 filing
- Sagard Capital on its acquisition, along with Fairfax Financial, of substantially all of the assets of Performance Sports Group out of Chapter 11
- The City of Detroit on its Chapter 9 filing
- University of Richmond, B.A. Journalism and Spanish, 2005
Memberships and Affiliations
- Turnaround Management Association