Who We Are
Dan Scorpio provides strategic communications and investor relations counsel during corporate mergers, proxy contests, activist defense, initial public offerings and crisis situations. His recent M&A advisory work includes Anthem’s acquisition of Cigna, Mylan’s acquisition of Meda AB, Sirona Dental Systems’ merger with Dentsply, JAB Holding Company’s acquisition of Krispy Kreme and Carlson Hotels’ merger with China’s HNA Tourism Group.
Dan also develops and executes strategic corporate positioning, thought leadership and investor communications programs for, among others, Chubb, Evercore, Starwood Capital Group, TPG, Marsh & McLennan and Amherst Pierpont Securities.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor in 2015, Dan was an account director at RF|Binder Partners, where he was a member of the agency’s media relations team serving clients in the financial technology, wealth management, insurance and asset management sectors. He has experience developing executive thought leadership campaigns and B2B digital and social media programs for transaction situations.
Dan has advised:
- Anthem on its $48 billion acquisition of Cigna
- Carlson Hotels on the cross-border combination with China’s HNA Tourism Group
- Mylan on its $9 billion acquisition of Meda AB
- JAB Holding on its acquisition of Krispy Kreme
- Sirona Dental Systems on its $13 billion merger of equals with Dentsply International
- Dex Media regarding its prepackaged Chapter 11 filing
- Syracuse University S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communication, B.S. Newspaper Journalism, 2011