Who We Are
Cia Williams provides strategic and financial public relations, investor relations and transaction communications counsel to clients in a broad range of industries. Cia has advised clients on a variety of transactions and special situations including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism, executive transitions and a wide array of crises.
Cia has worked on a number of high profile and complex transactions spanning multiple industries, working with companies to develop strategy, craft all stakeholder communications and manage ongoing media relations. She has developed communications strategies for both friendly and hostile M&A situations involving cross-border transactions, regulatory restrictions across multiple jurisdictions and antitrust challenges. Recent engagements include: JAB Holding Company’s acquisition of Krispy Kreme, Mylan’s unsolicited bid for Perrigo and subsequent unsolicited bid from Teva, Mylan’s acquisition of assets from Abbott and Office Depot’s proposed merger with Staples.
She also has experience in developing and implementing strategic communications programs for major global companies, including Johnson & Johnson, Russian Standard, The Hershey Company and Walmart.
Ms. Williams joined Abernathy MacGregor in 2012 after graduating from the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Communications.
Cia has advised:
- JAB Holding Company on its acquisitions of Krispy Kreme and Keurig Green Mountain
- Mylan on its unsolicited bid for Perrigo and subsequent unsolicited bid from Teva
- Mylan on its acquisition of assets from Abbott
- Office Depot on its proposed merger with Staples
- Walmart on its divestiture of its VIPs business in Mexico and majority acquisition of its business in Chile
- Morgans Hotel Group on its public fight with OTK Associates
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. Communications