Who We Are
Chuck Dohrenwend’s primary area of focus is to help private equity firms optimize their investment strategies through effective communications aligned to value preservation and enhancement. This work encompasses – at both the firm and portfolio company level – reputation management, transaction communications, and crisis preparation and management. His extensive experience includes work for sponsor firms of different sizes, investment strategies and geographic focus. His recent experience includes Advent International, JMI Equity, Juggernaut Capital Partners, Madison Dearborn Partners, Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, Strattam Capital and Versa Capital.
Chuck also works with corporations and other organizations across multiple communications disciplines to ensure their narratives are commensurate with their growth prospects. He is particularly adroit at helping companies during times of change, including investments and divestments, leadership transitions, initial public offerings, and restructurings. His representative clients in these areas include Booz Allen Hamilton, the City of Detroit, Dex Media, Shuanghui International (now WH Group) and Ternium.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor in 2004, Chuck held communications posts at Broadgate Consultants, Knight Capital Group (now part of KCG Holdings) and Edelman Public Relations.
Chuck has advised:
- Advent International on its North American, Latin American and Indian transactions since 2010, including those involving Allnex, Crompton Greaves Consumer Electrics, lululemon athletica, and Ocensa, and on the completion of fundraising for its most recent global and Latin American funds, including Advent International GPE VIII Limited Partnership
- Madison Dearborn Partners on all of its transactions since 2008, including those involving BWAY Holding, Fieldglass, Ikaria, and Sage Products
- Booz Allen Hamilton on its initial public offering and ongoing corporate communications and investor relations
- The City of Detroit on its chapter 9
- Dex Media on its prepackaged chapter 11
- Shuanghui International (now WH Group) on its acquisition of Smithfield Foods
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A. History, 1995
- London School of Economics and Political Science, Hansard Society Scholars, 1993