Who We Are
Blair Hennessy advises a wide range of clients on financial communications matters including investor and public relations, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, proxy contests and shareholder activism, as well as long-term corporate positioning programs and ongoing media relations.
Blair has counseled dozens of clients on special situations including complex transactions, proxy contests, bankruptcies and crises. In addition, she has created a number of profile raising programs for multi-national clients, providing strategic counsel as well as developing and implementing all related communications materials.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor, Blair worked for the Virginia Governor’s policy office and on the communications team for a U.S. Congressman on Capitol Hill. She joined the firm after graduating magna cum laude from the University of Richmond with a B.A. in Leadership Studies.
Blair has advised:
- Henkel AG in a multi-year program to raise its profile in the U.S.
- Dex Media in its pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing
- ZF in its $13.5 billion acquisition of TRW
- AECOM on its $6.0 billion acquisition of URS
- The City of Detroit in its Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing
- Rofin-Sinar in its engagement with SilverArrow Capital and subsequent sale to Coherent, Inc.
- Iron Mountain in its acquisition of Recall Holdings for $2.4 billion
- Vivendi in relation to a threatened proxy fight by P. Schoenfeld Asset Management
- University of Richmond, B.A. Leadership Studies (magna cum laude)