Who We Are
Alan Oshiki advises on event-driven stakeholder engagement for initial public offerings (IPOs), mergers and acquisitions, crises, litigation, bankruptcy, financial distress and restructuring, as well as innovative, high-impact approaches to ongoing communications with business audiences.
Alan helps management teams and boards of directors engage their investors, customers, employees and other important stakeholders to attract capital and deal flow, generate revenue, and build loyalty and support. He works with some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as middle-market companies, start-ups, private equity sponsors, professional services firms and industry associations.
Industries in which he has direct experience include mining, energy/utilities/oil & gas, manufacturing and logistics, financial services, alternative asset management, business services, real estate, and telecommunications.
Prior to joining Abernathy MacGregor in 2013, Alan held senior executive positions at Taylor Rafferty, Broadgate Consultants, Frontier Communications, Christensen & Associates, Unisource Energy and BHP/Magma Copper Company. His past clients have included Chevron Corporation, General Electric, independent directors of the board of Cablevision Systems Corporation, Joy Global Inc., Dresser-Rand Group, Inc., Shurgard Storage Centers Inc., KBW, Inc., Coeur Mining, Inc., Simmons Bedding Corporation, Maguire Properties, Inc., The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry and several middle-market private equity sponsors.
Alan has advised:
- Alpha Natural Resources on its emergence from Chapter 11 reorganization
- LafargeHolcim on executive positioning and raising its U.S. business profile
- Affymetrix on its $1.3 billion acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific and evaluation of an unsolicited proposal from Origin Technologies
- Hecla Mining Company on executive positioning
- CMA CGM on raising its U.S. business profile
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation on investor relations matters
- CTC Media on its restructuring under the new Russian media law and $201 million acquisition by UTH Russia
- TriplePoint Venture Growth on its post-IPO investor relations program
- Spirit Realty Capital on investor relations matters
- Triangle Petroleum Corporation on assessing investor perceptions
- University of Arizona, MBA, 1992
- University of Idaho, B.S. Mining Engineering, 1980
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Investor Relations Institute
- New York Section, Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration, Treasurer and Former Chairman
News, Publications and Achievements
- Co-chair of the annual “Current Trends in Mine Finance Conference” hosted by the New York Section of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration
- Bulldog Reporter, “Oshiki Joins Abernathy MacGregor as Executive Vice President”
- Past speaker/workshop leader for: the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration, NASDAQ, National Investor Relations Institute, Public Relations Society of America, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Agency for International Development and Brazilian Congress of Corporate Communication.