Senior Account Executive, Washington, D.C.
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications advisor, is looking for a mid-level professional with at least five years of government affairs, corporate communications, agency or media relations experience to join its growing Washington, D.C. office as a Senior Account Executive. Our clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations, which come to us for help communicating their stories to investors, customers, employees and other key audiences.
- Three to five years of corporate communications, public policy, media affairs, or agency experience, with strong knowledge of at least two, and preferably more of our core practice areas (see below)
- Advanced capability in at least one functional area, e.g., policy, speechwriting, media relations
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated advanced writing skills, e.g. ability to draft longer, complex documents such as deal releases, op-eds, strategy memos, white papers, etc.
Operational capabilities should include ability to:
- Work effectively with primary client contacts and teams
- Work effectively with reporters and news media on behalf of clients
- Work effectively with equivalent team members from the Hill, regulatory agencies, law firms, investment banks, other advisors
- Development of personal network of peers in above constituencies
- Serve as a firm ambassador in external marketing functions
- Manage projects and day-to-day operations for large accounts
- Serve as a project manager for high intensity projects such as deals or crisis situations
- Manage all activities for smaller accounts
- Contribute to new business presentations and client strategy sessions
- Manage projects for quality control, timeliness and budget
- Mentor and supervise the work of subordinates
How we measure success
- Demonstrate a collaborative personality, working with different people across different geographies, seeking and successfully achieving buy-in on projects and concepts
- Be a sought-after internal partner, known for sound advice, reliable and on-brand performance and respect for Abernathy MacGregor and client approval processes
- Superior quality work and commitment to a 24/7 work environment when needed
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. (A complete application will include both documents.) We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. We specialize in advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 35-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.