Senior Account Executive/Account Executive, Los Angeles
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking the right early career professional to join its Los Angeles office as either a Senior Account Executive (SAE) or an Account Executive (AE). Our clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. They come to us for help communicating their stories to investors, customers, employees and the media, typically during times of change, opportunity or difficulty. As a strategic communications firm, our work often involves high-stakes communications for mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activist situations, crises and bankruptcies.
- The SAE/AE will take a leading role in account management, client counsel and in supporting office new business activities.
- The SAE/AE will conduct research and analysis on or for clients, draft and edit materials in support of client programs (such as press releases, strategy memos, Q&A documents, presentations, internal/external communications documents), participate in crafting communications strategies for clients and represent clients in the news media.
- In addition, the SAE/AE will support the firm’s new business activities through research, materials development and pitches.
- College graduate with two to five years of relevant experience in communications on the agency side, preferably in corporate communications or investor relations.
- Candidate must have strong writing, research and analytical skills, a fundamental understanding of finance and a functional financial vocabulary.
- Candidate must have an interest in crisis management, Wall Street, issues affecting businesses and/or corporate affairs.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment while multitasking on various high-profile projects is a must.
- Experience with media relations including media list construction, media monitoring, and interview preparation; direct spokesperson work desirable but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiarity with social media channels.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (both documents are required for complete applications) through LinkedIn or by email to email@example.com. We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. We specializein advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 35-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.