Executive Assistant, Washington, D.C.
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic financial communications advisor, is seeking an Executive Assistant to join its dynamic team of professionals. In this role, based in Washington, DC, you will primarily support the three Managing Directors and help manage the office. In addition, you will provide some secondary assistance to the office’s staff in a fast-paced, client-centric professional services firm.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred; demonstrable experience can be substituted for a college degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in supporting executives or elected officials or managing an office. Experience supporting teams in the strategic financial communications industry or at a public relations, investor relations, investment banking or law firm is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, meticulous attention to detail, a strong work ethic and superior organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard systems.
- Flexibility and willingness to provide support to team beyond office hours.
- Self-starter who will solve problems with little direction.
- Excellent judgment and discretion, particularly with regard to confidential client and firm projects to which the role is often privy.
- Travel & Entertainment
- Arrange all travel, including airfare, hotels, rental cars, trains and local car services.
- Track travel in progress and be available for last-minute itinerary changes or delays.
- Handle all arrangements for in-office meetings, including ensuring guests are registered with the building, catering has been ordered, technology is set-up, etc.
- Plan special events, such as parties, salon dinners, sporting events, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for breakfast, lunch, dinner and other meetings Managing Directors may have.
- Ensure all necessary materials, such as pitch books, promotional materials, etc., are prepared and delivered well in advance of meetings.
- Manage and track all expenses, receipts, client bills, charitable donations, etc.
- Submit all corporate card and out-of-pocket expenses through the Concur expense system.
- Monitor all invoices and expense reports to ensure they are paid in a timely fashion.
- Answer the phone in a prompt, professional manner
- Be aware of major clients, referral sources and all employees across the firm. Know how to pronounce names and recognize and greet such callers.
- Compose and distribute client-ready memos, emails, and other messages
- Maintain Outlook calendars; coordinate schedules and meetings; review upcoming events; anticipate needs and identify any potential conflicts.
- Master use of the firm’s CRM to ensure all contacts are correctly entered and that any changes and additions are made promptly and have populated in the Managing Directors’ contacts.
- Additional Support
- Act as a liaison to administrative departments in our New York office, as needed, such as Human Resources, Information Technology, Accounting, etc.
- Act as Receptionist for office as needed to greet people coming to the office.
- Provide support to the Washington, DC office staff on specific tasks or when urgent matters arise.
- Competitive compensation package, including robust health and dental benefits and opportunity to participate in semiannual discretionary bonus pool.
- Opportunity to join a growing team.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. (A complete application will include both documents.) We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. We specialize in advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 35-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.