Account Executive, San Francisco
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking the right early career professional to join its San Francisco office as an Account Executive (AE). Our clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. They come to us for help communicating their stories to investors, customers, employees and the media, typically during times of change, opportunity or difficulty. As a strategic communications firm, our work often involves high-stakes communications for mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activist situations, crises and bankruptcies.
- The AE will take a role in day to day project management, assist with client counsel and will support new business activities.
- The AE will conduct research and analysis on or for clients, draft and edit materials in support of client programs (such as press releases, Q&A documents, presentations, internal/external communications documents), participate in crafting communications strategies for clients and represent clients in the news media.
- In addition, the AE will support the firm’s new business activities through research, materials development and pitch deck and proposal production.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of corporate communications or investor relations agency experience with knowledge of and/or experience with at least two, and preferably more, of our core practice areas including:
- corporate public relations, including digital and social media where applicable
- investor relations
- media relations
- mergers & acquisitions
- shareholder activism
- crisis management
- alternative investments
- restructuring and bankruptcy
- litigation and regulatory action
- board and C-Suite advisory services
- Demonstrably strong writing skills, desire to apply said skills to the drafting of financial communications materials. A writing test will be required.
- Candidate must have strong online research skills and an interest in Wall Street; a fundamental understanding of finance is a plus.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment while multitasking on various high-profile projects is a must.
- Experience with media relations including media list construction, media monitoring, and interview preparation is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint are essential; familiarity with monitoring social media channels is a plus.
Operational capabilities should include ability to:
- Work calmly and collaboratively with colleagues to deliver high-quality advice often in times of high stakes change
- Build trust and work effectively with client contacts
- Contribute meaningfully to new business presentations and client strategy sessions
- Collaborate effectively with junior team member.
How we measure success
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach, working with different people across different geographies, seeking and successfully achieving buy-in on project approaches and concepts
- Become a sought-after internal partner, reliable and on-brand performance and respect for both Abernathy MacGregor and client approval processes
- Deliver superior quality, timely work and show a commitment to a 24/7 work environment when needed.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (both documents are required for complete applications) through LinkedIn or by email to email@example.com. We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. We specialize in advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 35-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.