Billing Assistant, New York
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking to add a Billing Assistant to the Finance Department. This individual will report to our Director of Client Accounting and will assist her with the monthly billing for our 100+ clients across all five offices.
- Assist in generating draft monthly invoices for client.
- Follow up with our client managers for supporting documentation and approvals for draft invoices.
- Compiling the monthly invoice package that will be sent to our clients. This includes the invoice cover page, detailed activity reports, monthly hourly fee breakdowns and any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses to be charged to our clients.
- Assist with submitting invoices through the various online billing portals used by our clients.
- Update client contact database on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed (filing, providing client invoice copies, pulling back-up).
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analyze billing data for our clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Proficiency in MS Office, primarily Excel, Word and Access.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to effectively multitask and meet monthly deadlines while providing accurate, high-quality work.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to LinkedIn or send both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. (A complete application will include both documents.) We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Abernathy MacGregor
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. We specialize in advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 36-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy MacGregor is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.
Abernathy MacGregor is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome employees of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and viewpoints, including race, religion, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation. We believe this diversity contributes meaningfully to the quality of the counsel we provide and enriches the culture of our firm.