Account Executive, Digital
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications advisor, is looking for an innovative and ambitious professional to join its new digital practice as an Account Executive. Our clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations, which come to us for help communicating their stories to policymakers, regulators, investors, customers, employees and other key audiences.
- Two to three years of digital experience
- Agency experience is a plus
- Digital Tool Proficiency: Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.), Paid media, Brandwatch, Quid, SEO, SEM, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, Email marketing
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- PowerPoint skills
- Experience supporting practice areas like public affairs, corporate reputation, financial communications or other professional services (such as law or investment banking) will be a plus
- Adapt to supporting the team in a range of disciplines and needs
- Work calmly and collaboratively with colleagues to deliver high-quality advice often in times of high stakes client change
- Think strategically across strategy, content, execution and measurement of complex digital campaigns
- Showcase curiosity and passion for exploring new platforms and best practices that yield results for clients
- Build trust and work effectively with internal and external clients
- Support SVP, Digital, in:
- Developing a curriculum for training current and new employees in the best practices for digital campaign development, management, research and analytics
- Creating and maintaining a method for sharing the latest digital trends internally and with clients and referral sources, when appropriate.
- Collaborating in a corporate environment with our Management Committee, Marketing, practice area leaders and client teams to identify and persuade as to the value of digital within a traditional communications campaign
- Complementing Abernathy MacGregor’s traditional communications offering to clients with sophisticated social and digital work that enhances our clients’ corporate narrative
- Identify potential new business opportunities and contribute meaningfully to business generation initiatives, including with existing clients
- Contribute meaningfully to new business presentations and client strategy sessions
- Manage projects for quality control, timeliness, respect for internal and client processes and budget
- Mentor and supervise the work of junior team members
How we measure success
- Demonstrate a collaborative personality, working with executives across different geographies, seeking and successfully achieving buy-in on project approaches and concepts
- Be a sought-after internal partner, known for sound advice, reliable and on-brand performance, and respect for both Abernathy MacGregor and client approval processes
- Superior quality, reliable and timely work and commitment to a 24/7 work environment when needed
This position is slated to be in our New York office; however, we are open to considering candidates who could work from a different Abernathy MacGregor office location (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Washington, D.C. or Chicago).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (A complete application will include both documents.) We will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Abernathy MacGregor
Abernathy MacGregor is a leading strategic communications advisor providing communications, engagement and advocacy expertise that helps clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems in today’s highly complex, dynamic and interconnected world. Since 1984, the firm has provided superior, customized communications strategies and an intensely collaborative and high-energy commitment to its clients. Abernathy operates from offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. and with a presence in Chicago. The firm is a founding member of AMO, which is the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.
We serve our clients in the following areas: transaction communications; shareholder activism defense; crisis management; alternative investment communications and private equity; public affairs; corporate reputation/positioning and investor relations. We are consistently ranked as a leader within these disciplines.
Abernathy MacGregor is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome employees of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and viewpoints, including race, religion, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation. We believe this diversity contributes meaningfully to the quality of the counsel we provide and enriches the culture of our firm.