2022 Associate Pool Program
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications advisor is seeking ambitious and hardworking candidates to join its dynamic team of professionals in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston and Washington, D.C. as part of its 2022 Associate Pool Program, which will begin in July 2022.
The Abernathy MacGregor Associate Pool Program offers a 14-month intensive program designed to provide participants with a strong foundation in strategic communications. Associates will be given training in the principles, practices and tools that enable our firm to provide best-in-class counsel to CEOs, board directors and senior executives on high-stakes issues and complex challenges. They will be exposed to, and work directly on, some of the most consequential reputational issues faced by public, private and non-profit/non-governmental organizations today.
- Participating in account team strategy and planning sessions;
- Researching and analyzing client and potential client financial performance, peer groups, investor bases/ownership structures, industries and market dynamics;
- Tracking and analyzing media coverage of clients and potential clients, peers, and industries;
- Drafting and editing documents on behalf of both clients and the firm, including client memos, press releases, internal and external communications documents, and new business proposals;
- Issuing press releases and communicating with reporters;
- Providing ongoing account support.
- Introductions to finance and deeper dives into tools, data and analytics and practice areas;
- Firmwide annual training program focused on key practice area knowledge-sharing and skill-building, led by both internal colleagues and outside experts;
- Annual firmwide elective Mentorship Program;
- Exposure to work across all firm disciplines and practice areas, as well as the opportunity to work with colleagues across all office locations and geographies;
- Weekly group meetings and regular one-on-one check-ins;
- Feedback, which is provided regularly throughout the program, both informally on a quarterly basis through Research and Talent, through mentors and formally twice a year.
- Ability to participate on various non-client committees, including our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council.
College graduate. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong analytical capabilities, meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. A basic understanding of business and finance is desirable, as is familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheets and power point (training courses will be provided, but we do expect a minimum comfort level).
Please email a cover letter and your resume to Careers@abmac.com as soon as possible before Monday, January 31, 2022. We will review and accept applications on a rolling basis. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Abernathy MacGregor
Abernathy MacGregor is a leading strategic communications advisor providing communications, engagement and advocacy expertise that helps clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems in today’s highly complex, dynamic and interconnected world. Since 1984, the firm has provided superior, customized communications strategies and an intensely collaborative and high-energy commitment to its clients. Abernathy operates from offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. and with a presence in Chicago. The firm is a founding member of AMO, which is the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.
We serve our clients in the following areas: transaction communications; shareholder activism defense; crisis management; alternative investment communications and private equity; public affairs; corporate reputation/positioning and investor relations. We are consistently ranked as a leader within these disciplines.
Abernathy MacGregor is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome employees of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and viewpoints, including race, religion, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation. We believe this diversity contributes meaningfully to the quality of the counsel we provide and enriches the culture of our firm.